Our Purpose and Priorities
Our Council Purpose is to ensure Doncaster and its people thrive, whilst ensuring value for money is at the heart of everything we do.
A new Corporate Plan has been agreed for 2017/18 which marks the next stage in the Council’s improvement journey. It has 4 priority themes:
The Plan emphasises the ways of working which need to run through the Council’s work to create more jobs and growth, tackle inequalities and further modernise services – but with less resources. For example:
- Achieving inclusive growth
- Improving the quality and effectiveness of support for the most vulnerable
- A major shift to prevention and early intervention to reduce the demand on services and costs
- Harnessing community strengths, collaboration and assets to build community resilience
- A whole person, whole life focus
Crucially, it places a greater emphasis on driving the delivery of the actions that will have the greatest impact on Doncaster and the lives of residents.